Saturday, April 19, 2014

Ew. Did you just sin?? Seriously? And how does that feel? Well I hope you feel pretty crappy about yourself, because.... sinning is NOT ok. Totally not what Heavenly Father wants for you. You are tainted and SO not worthy of blessings. Please leave. 

HEY! You! Sinner! So.. I heard you messed up pretty bad this time. Like, "not gonna get forgiveness this time for SURE" messed up. I heard you're heading for the third kingdom... THAT's how bad it was! Well let me tell you something. Congratulations on being a human being. You are special, but not THAT special. Yep. You are pretty much just like the rest of us... trying to swim against a current of hormones, colorful drinks, sailor language, and overall doubty-ness. (I'm aware that it's a bit more complicated than that, but we need to move forward).  
Are you drowning? Well you don't need to. Its ok that you feel bad about what you did! That also tells me that you are a human (again, a million congratulations!) But you need to stop beating yourself up. I know that seems pretty impossible, but I promise you are going to be able to feel the atonement working in your life, and Gods love, a whole lot bettah if you are not constantly telling yourself you deserve to have bamboo shoots shoved up your fingernails. 
If you continue to read my blog, I am going to talk a lot about how to balance all of that out. Im no visionary. Im just a person who has been through as much as you have and I want to record the things I have learned and share them with you. I hope you will keep reading and that you might get a better idea of how to be a faithful Mormon and not hate yourself! 

1 comment: